Today, we tried the “world’s most expensive cup of coffee,” known as Kopi Luwak. The animal shown in the photo below is a civet – they eat coffee cherries for the fleshy pulp, then in the digestive tract, fermentation occurs. The civet’s protease enzymes seep into the beans, making shorter peptides and more free amino acids. Passing through a civet’s intestines the cherries are then defecated with other fecal matter and collected.
The beans are extracted & go through a similar process as all traditional coffee.
I tried 4 different traditional cups of coffee that all tasted very normal, then the Kopi Luwak. I then went back to the 4 traditional cups & tried again – their taste was now watery, almost flavorless.
So I drank a cup of coffee made from animal shit. It was far & beyond the best cup of coffee I’ve ever had. I won’t drink it again because I fear this will turn into a factory farming industry, but it certainly was a memorable experience.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Nên học pha chế đồ uống ở đâu tốt nhất tại TPHCM
- Buổi sáng ở Làng Cà phê Trung Nguyên – Morning at Trung Nguyen Coffee Village
- AWESOME COFFEE in SAIGON, Vietnam. Streets of Ho Chi Minh City ??
- HÔM NAY ĂN GÌ – STARBUCKS VS CAFE VIỆT NAM: Bạn chọn "Sang chảnh" hay "Vỉa Hè"?
- Phần mềm quản lý quán cafe Thủy Mộc