Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Health Secretary Matt Hancock have tested positive for coronavirus, while the government’s chief medical officer Chris Whitty is self-isolating with Covid-19 symptoms.
Cabinet minister Michael Gove, who stood in for the prime minister in the daily coronavirus press conference, said the diagnoses of his colleagues shows that the “virus does not discriminate”, adding: “We are all at risk.”
Prime Minister Johnson revealed his diagnosis on Twitter, as did the health secretary, with both posting videos explaining how they would continue to work through self-isolation.
Mr Johnson’s video said he was experiencing “mild symptoms” but would “continue to lead the government’s response” to Covid-19 via video-conferencing.
He said “thanks to the wizardry of modern technology” he can carry on working and communicating with his “top team” to “lead the national fightback”.
Mr Hancock, speaking to ITV News via Skype, said: “What really matters is that have we got the beds to treat people who have serious coronavirus complications”.
He added: “That’s what I’ve been working at so hard over the last few days both in the office and at home, pushing that is incredibly important.”
• Subscribe to ITV News on YouTube:
• Get breaking news and more stories at
Follow ITV News on Facebook:
Follow ITV News on Twitter:
Follow ITV News on Instagram:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Cựu tuyển thủ Phan Quý Hoàng Lâm qua đời ở tuổi 36 | Tin tức 24h
- XSMB TRỰC TIẾP XỔ SỐ MIỀN BẮC HÔM NAY THỦ ĐÔ HÀ NỘI XSTD SXMB 21/05/2020,XSMB THỨ 5
- Trùm L~Ừ~A cúi đầu trước pháp luật, Điền Quân im bặt & sự nhớn nhác của lũ bênh TỊNH THẤT BỒNG LAI
- Có nên nâng iOS 13.5: iPhone đời cũ không lên cũng được!
- Hạnh Phúc Trong Tầm Tay – Tập 7+8 Preview 3 | Trạm Phim Ngôn Tình